When you go to create a new Facebook ad, you’ll get to choose only one out of the 13 different Facebook ad types, all of which represent a unique ‘focus’ for growing your business or page. If you’re just getting started with Facebook advertising, deciding which ad type to pick could easily stop you in your tracks, so we’re here to give you more information about the 13 ad types and when to use them.
The general setup for each will be similar: You’ll go from choosing the type of ad (the objective) to choosing the audience and the budget (the ad set), to making the ad itself (the ad). Here’s a quick rundown of each of the 13 Facebook ad types:
- Get installs of your app
- Increase engagement in your app
- Raise attendance at your event
- Boost your posts– Increase page post engagements.
- Local Awareness- Reach people near your business.
- Brand Awareness- Reach people more likely to pay attention to your brand.
- Promote your Page- Get Page likes to connect with more of the people who matter to you.
- Clicks to the website– Send people to your website.
- Website conversions- Increase conversions on your website. You’ll need a conversion pixel for your website before you can create this ad.
- Offer claims- Create offers for people to redeem in your store.
- Get video views- Create ads that get more people to view a video.
- Lead generation- Collect leads for your business.
- Product catalog promotion- Automatically show products from your product catalog based on your target audience.
Choosing the right ad type is just one of the many steps to creating a successful Facebook ad campaign. To learn the complete, step-by-step process, contact our marketing team today!