The holidays are here, and that means it’s the perfect time to start incorporating Facebook Timeline Contest Ideas into your marketing strategy. Running a contest on Social Media is fun, simple and highly effective! It not only increases engagement and likes, but also rewards your fans for being loyal customers all throughout the year!
The basic idea is for your company to launch a quick contest with a simple status post. Fans enter the contest by liking the post, leaving a comment or posting a photo–whatever you decide!
Lacking inspiration? That’s what we’re here for! Here are 6 Facebook Timeline Contest Ideas that are guaranteed to be a hit!
- “Caption this picture! The comment that gets the most likes will win a [prize].”
- “If you could eat only one thing from our menu for the entire year, what would it be? Comment below for your chance to win a $__ gift card to our restaurant.”
- Ask customers to comment with a photo of themselves interacting with your business and/or a photo of their plated food (if you’re a restaurant). Winner could receive a gift card or gift basket from your business.
- “What do you like most about our company and why? Comment below to win a free [prize].”
- “Help us reach ____ fans. Like, Share and Comment for your chance to win [prize].”
- “We can’t decide on a new [menu] item and we want your feedback. Comment with something you think we should add to our menu and if your item is chosen, you can win [prize].”
- Make sure the prize is relevant to your business
- State when you will be ending the contest and choosing the winners
- State how you will be choosing the winner (random drawing, comment with the most likes)
- State how they enter the contest (you could have them share, like, comment, or a combination of all three)
- The simpler, the better
- Think of the results as market research
- Have fun!