We’ve already stressed the fact that Social Media is here to stay and how beneficial it is for your business. It helps improve your SEO, it builds your local following, and helps build your reach through expanded audiences. When done correctly the possibilities for increased exposure and advertising are endless. The important piece to factor in is utilizing the right social media accounts. You don’t want to use every social media platform that exists just because it’s there. You also can’t ignore new trends that pop up or old ones that seem to be fallen behind. It’s an on going strategy to stay on top of the right kind of online marketing. You need to focus on the right one to properly market your brand. Where can you find your target audience? What behaviors do they follow? Once you can determine that, then you’ll have a stronger direction where to take your online marketing efforts.
In a recent article, Instagram or Snapchat: Which is the Best Fit For Your Business? they covered the latest, popular social medias; Instagram and Snapchat. With many similarities it can be confusing trying to decide what route to take, or maybe you need both. Although similar in some ways, they have just as many differences. Those differences can be the make it or break points of a successful marketing campaign for your business. They go on to compare the two platforms as well as breaking down criteria to consider as you perform the comparison on what platform makes the most sense for your business.
- Are your target audience and customers on the platform?
- Which content type (e.g. stories, images, or videos) suits your business best?
- Do you prefer having a public profile that is easily discoverable and to interact with your followers in public? Or do you prefer a private profile and build close one-to-one relationships with your followers?
- Is your target audience more engaged on Instagram or Snapchat?
- Do you want analytics to measure your performance?
- Do you want to boost existing posts or run ads on the platform?